Healthy skin is really one of the most important ingredients for beauty enhancement. The list of skin care tips has been restricted to 10 because anything more than that would not only be difficult to remember, but also shadow the more important skin care tips.
As one gets older, the natural defense of our skin (and in fact of the whole body) weakens. Anti-aging skincare is about protecting your skin from the negative effects of the aging process. Anti-aging skincare helps in maintaining a young and fresh look for a longer period of time. However, ‘anti-aging skincare’ doesn’t end just here. Besides maintaining your looks (good looks), anti-aging skincare is also about retaining the resistance to disease and improving health internally.
You should remember that aging is a natural process and there is nothing that can stop it from happening. All anti-aging skin measures can just help in slowing the aging process.
- Drink A Lot of Water: This will not keep your skin moist but will help in the overall upkeep of your health (and in turn your skin). It might seem a bit awkward to some, however, this is an important skin care tip.
- Cleanse Your Skin Regularly: Cleanse your skin regularly (1–2 times every day) with Lukewarm water.
- Be Gentle With Your Skin: Don’t scrub/exfoliate too hard or too often. Avoid the use of soap on your face. Soap should only be used from below the neck. A small, but important skincare tip.
- Keep Your Skin Moist, Always: This is one of the most important skincare tips. Don’t let your skin get dry. Uses all-natural, toxin-free moisturizers and skincare products. My favorite ones can be purchased here.
- Take Supplements To Help With Your Body’s Internal Health: Take supplements such as fish oil (2gm/day) to help retain internal moisture.
- Sunscreen: Use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful UV radiation. You can use day-time moisturizers that have sunscreen built into them. Use them even when it’s cloudy. UV radiations are known to cause skin cancer, so follow this skin care tip without fail.
- Exercise and Good Sleep: A bit of exercise and good sleep are essential too, not just for skincare but for your health as a whole. Lack of sleep can lead to the formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Moreover, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress. So besides being a skincare tip, this is also a health care tip.
- Get Regular Facials: Get regular facials, microneedling procedures, microdermabrasion, etc. This will help remove toxins and stimulate new collagen growth. Call NOW (720–605-WELL) and mention this article to receive 30% off an appointment at Kore Regenerative Medicine in Golden, CO for a PRP microneedling procedure.
- Beat Stress: The harmful effects of stress are known to everyone, however, sometimes stating the obvious is essential too (and hence this skin care tip found its place here). Yes, stress harms skin too. So, take a break or indulge in a warm bubble bath, or just get good sleep. If you need help dealing with stress and knowing which supplements can benefit you, click here for a 1–1 mindfulness session with coach Lori Marini and 1–1 informational session with Dr. Quinn.
- Add Bioidentical Hormones: Consider adding bioidentical hormones to your regimen, as you get older. Loss of hormones in your system accelerates collagen degeneration, increases wrinkles, and causes sagging skin.
Call 720–605-WELL for your visit with Dr. Quinn to discuss your hormone needs. Telemedicine visits can be done for patients outside of Colorado.